Yesterday Carson was standing up on a chair against our island in our kitchen eating a pickle (one his faves) while I was on the other side. He started to lean off the side of the chair and then, kerplopp! He fell off and landed on his back/head on the floor! I picked him up quickly to console him, but not really thinking it was a big deal (it wasn't the first time he fell off a chair). As I held him, he pulled away from my shoulder for a second and that's when I noticed...BLOOD...lots of it. It freaked me out because I didn't know where the blood was coming from in his mouth. I started blotting his mouth with paper towels to slow down the blood, and to see if I could find the source of the injury. That's when I noticed that his left front tooth was missing. OH MY!!! The blood slowed down to a minimum, I cleaned him up, the floor, and everything around us and then just wrapped him in a towel with his blankie to get him calmed down. My poor baby! It just broke my heart! His new nickname, thanks to Eric, is "the Gapper"! He might be a toothless wonder, but at least he's still cute, right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment