Cycling has always been "my therapy". Of course, I do it first and foremost for the great exercise benefits, but it comes with so many other benefits as well. I love being outside, so riding along a scenic road continally reminds me of the beauty of the Earth that God has created for us. There is nothing better than breathing in the fresh air, getting your heart pumping and your muscles moving, and enjoying the view along the way. Years ago when Eric and lived in SLC, I used to take advantage of all the canyons down there-Emmigration, Millcreek, Big and Little Cottonwood, etc. It was like being in another world riding up those steep, breathtaking canyons. Boise is another landscape and one that I'm still exploring, but finding beauty in. And then there's CA. Spring is my favorite season here because it is so green and lush everywhere. My parents are fortunate to live near SEVERAL of my favorite rides out here-hilly, scenic backroads with lots of nature to partake! I had to bring my camera one day to capture these views!
My other big reason I love cycling, well, any exercise, for that matter, is the mental benefits it gives me. It's the ONLY time of day that I'm not consumed in a million other things, worries, stresses, tasks, kids, the list goes on. It's just about ME. And I need that time to myself everyday. It releases me. It gives me peace. It makes me feel good and IN CONTROL of myself. And cycling especially is a chance for me to pray, ponder, and meditate. It's very freeing!
My other big reason I love cycling, well, any exercise, for that matter, is the mental benefits it gives me. It's the ONLY time of day that I'm not consumed in a million other things, worries, stresses, tasks, kids, the list goes on. It's just about ME. And I need that time to myself everyday. It releases me. It gives me peace. It makes me feel good and IN CONTROL of myself. And cycling especially is a chance for me to pray, ponder, and meditate. It's very freeing!




No comments:
Post a Comment