Monday, November 15, 2010

Growing up way too fast...


I have these moments where I want to freeze time because it seems like our kids are growing up way too fast. For example...


1. Austin is reading and writing words and sentences like crazy. He loves to write "notes" to everyone and does a pretty good job sounding out and spelling words on his own. The kid is so smart.

2. Carson hates sitting in a high chair (although I insist on it sometimes because it contains the mess easier.) and prefers sitting on a "big boy chair" now.

3. Austin doesn't pick on his little brother as much anymore. (Don't worry though, they still have their moments.) They play really well together for the most part.

4. Carson says big words in his sentences all the time, like "ridiculous" and "completely".

5. Austin has lost a tooth and about to lose another here any day now...

6. Carson takes shorter naps now (meaning I wake him up) because he talks too long in his crib at bedtime. It's a real bummer.

7. Austin prefers action figure cartoons like "Batman" to "Backyardigans" now.

8. Carson is asserting his independence more and more...

9. Austin says his prayers without any help and has some very deep thoughts.

10. Even though Carson is still considered my "baby" and sleeps in a crib, sucks his thumb, and wears diapers still, he is getting bigger everyday and sadly, losing his chubby cheeks and belly! :(

No comments: