The day after Easter some of my girlfriends and I decided to do a "no sugar" fast where we cut out all sweets (defined as "refined sugar") until June 1st. There were 6 of us that participated and all of us completed it with success. For me personally, this wasn't too difficult being as I don't eat a lot of sweets or processed food anyways, and for a few of my friends giving up soda or candy for that long was pretty tough. But we did it and I think it was eye-opening for everyone to learn how much sugar we really eat! It is in everything!
The best reward for me was the satisfaction of knowing that I have the self control and discipline to do it! But having a "support group" to do it with made it all the more easy, as we all lifted one another up and rallied around each other. Our reward came after June 1st which was going to breakfast and getting pedicures! Unfortunately not everyone could come, but I think everyone would agree that losing a few pounds and feeling better was more rewarding than pretty toes! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment