Saturday, March 24, 2012

He's 4 now!







I can't believe that my baby is now 4. It's such a bittersweet time! He is so grown up though and with such a distinct personality. So silly, fun, friendly, easy-going, cuddly, and goofy. What I love most about Carson is how sweet he is. He has always been a very sweet boy from Day 1. I will be sad when the day comes and he doesn't want to cuddle anymore--I always welcome his "cuddles with Mom"!


This year was a little different for his birthday. We decided to do a friend party every other year for our kids--it's just too expensive and time consuming to plan something like that. (Now I know why moms of more than 2 kids "out source" their kids' birthday parties!). So, this year Austin gets the friend party and Carson gets the family party.


Originaly we were supposed to head to SF on Carson's birthday for spring break too. I was scheduled to do radiation that week, but then a couple of days before, I got the phone call that my insurance had denied the treatment and so we needed to hold that off. So, we ended up celebrating Carson's birthday twice. Once mid-week before his birthday and then on the actual day. He was probably a little confused by that, but oh well! We had a nice, mellow birthday party for him at home complete with 2 cakes (on each day) that he picked out (Mom was too lazy to make an elaborate cake this year), and a few gifts.


Carson is such a blessing to our family. He brings a special spirit to our home and I love that he looks up to his brother so much. 90% of the time (ok, maybe 80%) those two are best buds. And it warms my heart to see them play together so nicely. Carson is quite smart like his brother too--with a vocabulary better than most four year olds (and very articulate), and a memory like no other. He is doing well in preschool-- can write most of his letters now, knows all the letters and sounds, and recognizes all the numbers too. He also loves to color (cars mostly), build things with his brothers (usually lego cars), and watch his favorite movies (Cars and Cars 2, big shocker!). His fascination with moving vehicles has NOT died down. He also recognizes and can name many cars out on the road while we're driving and gets most excited by "Bumblebee" cars or Cameros. Carson loves to help Mom cook and juice, is my little buddy everywhere we go, and eats practically anything and everything. His faves? FISH, homeade juice, pizza, salad, and fruit. Oh, and brownies. What a little stud.


We love you up to the moon and back buddy!!

No comments: