Saturday, August 17, 2013

13 Lucky Years

I feel very lucky, (maybe a better word is BLESSED) to have married Eric.  He always lets me know that he loves me, he shows his love in countless ways (my favorite is when he helps around the house and cooks dinner), he makes me laugh everyday, he has always been a steady and loyal support for me, and the list goes on...

 
Whenever we approach another anniversary, I always reflect on what has taken place all those years.  13 years!!  A lot has happened, that's for sure.  And we've definitely had our fair share of trials and struggles, but those trials are heavily outweighed by all the blessings and incredible and unforgettable memories that I wouldn't replace for anything in the world.

 
There have been times in our marriage that I have thought that plenty of people would be unhappy in our circumstances, or have given up over the struggles that we have dealt with.  But you know what?!  I can honestly say that through it all, even in the darkest of times, we have always been HAPPY.  And that's because we have always tried to see the "good" in our lives and been grateful for what blessings we have.  We both try to look for the "silver linings" in our lives that reassure us that, "this is worth it." And we have those moments everyday because we seek for them.  I can appreciate so much more because of what we have gone through.  My perspective has changed, and I feel like not only have we been strengthened, but we are more refined, softer, more patient, more compassionate (towards each other and to others), and wiser.  I am so grateful for those hard times to teach us.  They really are a blessing. 
 
In fact, everything in our lives, good and bad, in some way or another, has been a blessing.
 
I know that we will continue to face challenges in our path, but I know that because of what we've learned thus far, that we will overcome whatever happens in the future.  I write that with full confident because I know the secret to overcoming those difficult times...Leaning on each other and most importantly, leaning on the Lord.  When we do that, we can do ANYTHING.

 
I can't wait to see what our future holds and I'm excited to embark on it.  The last 13 years have been amazing, and so why wouldn't the next 13 years also be amazing?!






(So, we don't have a good picture of the two of us from our anniversary night, but here are some pics we took at the restaurant we ate at, which by the way, was delish!)

No comments: