We finally got the big news we had long awaited for...that the treatment was working and the tumors were shrinking!!! Prior to my scans last Friday, I was pretty nervous (to be expected), but I tried to trust my gut feeling, which was that all would be well and we would get good results. Well, boy did we! The doctor came in Monday beaming from ear to ear, exclaiming, "FANTASTIC scan results!" He then proceeded to tell us that 5 of the 6 tumors were gone, undetectable on both PET and CT scans. Amazing! And the large tumor had shrunk by 50% and didn't even light up on the PET scan (meaning it could mostly be dead tissue).
This news was above and beyond what I expected. I mean, I had prayed hard for "remarkable results", but Heavenly Father really hit this one out of the park! Only one word can describe this event and blessing...MIRACLE. I have witnessed with my own two eyes many miracles in my life, but this one takes the cake and I'm grateful to be at the receiving end of this wonderful blessing. I know it was the collective faith, prayers, fasting, and love from everyone around us, not just my own. Thank you for all of your prayers and love, one of the most amazing gifts to me is to "feel" of the power of prayer of so many people praying on behalf of us around the WORLD. It is truly astounding and humbling. We are so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment