Sunday, January 23, 2011

1/3 of a Century

They say 33 is one of your "golden years". I say, "Whoa, I'm a 1/3 of a century old now!" I remember turning 30 and thinking that it seemed so old. I really hated hitting my 30's, but I have a new perspective now. I'm actually excited to age, to turn a year older, because that just means that I'M STILL HERE. 35, 40, 50, bring it on!

My birthday this year was the pits. Mostly because I spent it in the hospital doing treatment, feeling like crap. But we did have a little mini celebration in Maui w/ the family the week before to make up for it. And some of my girlfriends here also took me out to dinner when I got back. I feel so LOVED. Boy, am I lucky to have the greatest family and friends in the world.

The girls at Asiago's in downtown Boise

Trish and I in Maui, blowing out the candles of our birthday cake

1 comment:

Katie said...

Glad you got to celebrate a little when you got home! Me, Britt and Am went to lunch on your birthday in your honor and tried calling you but didnt get you...we were thinking of you though!