Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas in Cali Part 1

I always love Christmasat home in Cali. Sure, I like having a "White Christmas" and you don't get that here, but it's also nice to have warmer temps (compared to home). I especially loved Christmas this year because it fell on a Sunday. Instead of opening gifts in the morning, we went to church, then had our usual waffles with strawberries breakfast, then opened presents. I can't believe how patient the kids were. Seriously. They were champs!

Trish was not with us on Christmas day because she was on a cruise with HER FRIENDS (no bitterness here ;), but she was able to come out the week before so we exchanged gifts with her then too. The kids, I think, were pretty pleased by their gifts. Some they had asked for, some they didn't expect. Seeing their expressions when they are opening presents is always the best gift of all!

The 3 of us girls went in together and gave a book of our Maui adventures and pictures to my parents for Christmas. I always love giving gifts like that because they are memories and my parents were TOTALLY surprised. The other memorable gift was Eric getting scriptures from TUCKER. Yes, I said, Tucker. While we were in CA (but before Eric came out), Tucker one morning chewed up and completely destroyed Eric's scriptures. The ones that Eric's parents gave us when we got married. It was a fiasco! So, because Eric needed some new scriptures after that incident, we thought it would be funny if they came from Tucker! Austin even wrote a card to him (from Tucker) that went something like this (again, all Austin, in Tucker's words):

Dear Waddy (Daddy),
I am warry (sorry) that I wripped (ripped) up your riptures (scriptures).
I won't woo (do) it again.
Wuv (Love),
Wucker (Tucker)

HA! So classic! We were so happy to be with Gwen on her first Christmas! The boys just adore her and love singing, "Gwennie the Pooh" to her. It's so cute! It was also so fun to be with Grandma and Grandpa, whom the kids WORSHIP! They could spend hours playing with Grandma and Grandpa. We are so blessed to have them in the kids' lives. Here's some pictures from the Christmas festivities and more to come from our adventures over those 2 weeks!



















1 comment:

Paul Rydell said...

I am sure your boys will love the k'nex. Eddie has been crazy about them for the last 5 years. Right now I am looking out my window at a 20 foot tower he has put in the yard of our house.