
While I was at my parent's house for the holidays, I stumbled upon this old gem of a photo. A picture of my late Grandpa Dick with one of my sisters and I. My grandpa passed away a couple of months ago. The last few years of his life were challenging for his health, especially the past year. On top of his own health problems, his wife, my Grandma Jackie was diagnosed with breast cancer. Talk about tough times!!
When my Grandpa passed, there was a sense of relief in the family. Relief for him mostly, that he was in a better place, pain-free, able to move freely, and reunited with other deceased loved ones. He has endured a lot of pain, procedures, discomfort, and a poor quality of life these past few years. It was time for him to rest with his God. Thank goodness for that knowledge.
My best memories of my Grandpa were in my childhood--going to visit him in Southern California at his house with the pool in the backyard, us girls doing his hair like a girl's, reading books with him, and getting teased by him. He was an endless teaser, in a sweet, loving way and he always knew how to put a smile on my face. I also remember his "radio" room, his "doll" room, and watching sports. He was a great grandpa, father, and man and always gave to others before himself. We will miss him, but we know that we will reunite with him someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment