Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My latest endeavors

I feel like I have a lot of balls up in the air right now. Besides the everyday task of taking care of kids, shuttling them to their various activities and school, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, and everything that entails being a mom, I have also been busy with lots of other things.


For example, things are taking off with our support group. We are growing and starting to gain momentum. We are doing things in the community such as lobbying for the legislation that would ban minors from using indoor tanning beds and teaching community education classes. Along with that, we are starting to work on building our foundation, or our non-profit status. So, we are coming up with website templates, writing the content for the website, getting our paperwork started, coming up with logo ideas, etc. As you can imagine, it's A LOT of work and it will take MONTHS to complete, I'm sure.


I'm also teaching spin classes at the YMCA here and that has been fun for me to teach again. I also do the occasional Twisted Silver party. And then as of recently, I signed on to be an independent consultant for the companies Norwex and doTerra as well. Norwex is a company whose mission is "Clean Without Chemicals". My sister-in-law introduced me to these products several months ago and I absolutely LOVE them. What I love most is not having to buy any household cleaners anymore (which are toxic and chemical laden), which save me so much money and are better for our health and our home. But I also love that these products often clean my house more effectively, with JUST WATER. I am slightly obsessed with cleaning with these products because they make it so easy and simple!




The other company I got involved with, doTerra, manufactures Certified Therapeutic Grade essential oils. It is very seldom that I endorse any kind of health related products because I am generally very skeptical when it comes to this kind of stuff. But I can honestly stand by these products because I have done my research and have seen first-hand what they can do. A dear friend of mine introduced doTerra essential oils to me about a year ago and after a few months of using them, I quickly saw how beneficial and potent they were. I use them for everything from preventing and treating colds, to natural remedies for sleep and anxiety, to increasing energy and reducing appetite, to general overall wellness and nutrition. My kids equally love them too, and beg me to give them massages practically every night. Since I started using essential oils, no one in our family has gotten even a cold this year/winter. Now that is amazing! I cannot say enough about essential oils, they are truly life-changing!

No comments: