I will try to post a video of Carson swimming eventually, but for now, this will do. This might not seem like a big deal, but Carson is FINALLY swimming on his own! People tell me all the time, "But he's only 4!" You have understand though, Austin was swimming on his own at age 2 and because I used to be a swim instructor, I am anal about teaching my kids how to swim at an early age. As we know, the older kids get, the harder it gets, as fear and bad habits (like holding their nose) set in...
The thing is Carson has always loved the water, but he's just more cautious by nature compared to how Austin was at that age. Not a bad thing though. Last winter, I finally caved in and registered him for swim lessons at the YMCA, just to get him warmed up to it and more confident by summer. It worked! By early summer, he was jumping in and swimming to me under the water (without me catching him or wearing a float). He can do "torpedos" and "big arms", and front and back floats all by himself! YAY!!! The best part though is seeing his confidence soar with his newfound skills. He know thinks he is a big kid and mimmicks all of Austin's swim team moves. Pretty cute!!
No comments:
Post a Comment