Sunday, September 15, 2013

This boy





 
I love both of my children equally (obviously) and I also equally enjoy individual time I get with them.  Before Carson was born, I had Austin all to myself.  It was nice to have 3 years to bond and build our relationship.  With Carson, I never really got that one-on-one time until Austin went to school.  I didn't expect to have that much time with him, to be honest, because I always thought I would have another baby by the time Carson turned 3.  Well, Heavenly Father had other plans for me and now, I don't have any plans to bear more children.  When I realized this, (and came to peace with it) I cherished every moment with my "baby" because I knew soon enough he would be off to school with his big brother and I would be left alone all day. (I know, whoa is me.)
 
 
And so, I enjoy each day that I get to spend some "alone" time with this boy.  Even though it's only a half day now because he is in kindergarten, I look forward to having a few hours just us two.  Often we are running errands or busy visiting friends, but even still, Carson is my buddy and I love taking him with me everywhere.  It will sure be a sad day when he goes to first grade next year.  I don't know what I will do!

No comments: