The second week in CA was equally as fun, but what made it even better was Dad got to come too!
We spent a day at the beach (always my favorite), went to the movies (again), hiked around Rock City, toured a retired aircraft carrier, went to an A's game, visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and went boating. We are so blessed to be able to do all these fun things with Grandma and Grandpa and spend a couple weeks with them every summer. The boys always look forward to it and have such good memories going there every year.
I taught the boys how to boogie board. Minus how cold the ocean is in Northern California, I sure love boogie boarding!
The boys scoured the beach for every piece of seaweed they could find to build a sand castle with seaweed as the walls or barriers.
Austin loved skimming the sand on the shore into the waves.
These boys are made for the beach like their mom. They could play for hours and never get sick of it!
We hiked around Rock City one day with some friends. There are tons of caves and rocks to climb on and look out over. I'm glad they liked it as much as I did as a kid!
These boys are WILD. And definitely ALL boy.
The view from the largest rock we could find to climb up onto!
I wish this friend lived closer! Coming from a mom with all boys too, she just gets it!
Showing off their muscles. ;)
I swam EARLY in the morning with my dad a few times while I was visiting. That's how dedicated I am. Like father, like daughter, I guess?!
The USS Hornet. We couldn't believe how HUGE it is.
Riding missiles. ;)
Reunited with our Dad again!
We went to an A's game one night. But they wore the wrong hats! ;)
That's more like it. ;)
We went boating one day on Grandpa's boat. Tubing is always fun!
Trying to catch some air. Weak sauce! ;)
We took the twin boys (neighbors with my parents) boating with us (among other activities too), hence the extra kids. ;)
I love summer!
We decided to celebrate our 14th anniversary a week early while in CA at one of my new favorite restaurants, Blue Agave. So good!
We saw plenty of sharks at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Definitely a favorite of the boys. Especially the hammerhead sharks.
Such a beautiful day in Monterey!
Mesmerized. What's not to love?!
The jellyfish are so peaceful and serene to watch. I could watch them for hours.
Yes, that's a giant sun fish! Weirdest looking fish ever.
We took the boys to this car dealership that sells old cars mostly. We knew that would be a hit with Carson. This was his favorite, an old Mustang.
Austin preferred the newer model Mustang. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment