We had our Stake Christmas community event tonight. Eric played the cello in a couple of songs, once with the Youth Choir, and another time as a solo. (He did amazing, as always.) Eric and I were also asked to "play" Mary and Joseph in the live nativity and it was a great experience trying to act the part. I think we nailed it!
Besides the music, one of my favorite parts of the whole event was the "Christ" room. It was a room that displayed pictures and paintings of Christ throughout his life. Many of them I had seen before, but there were several that I had never seen. The picture below stood out to me the most. I stood there absolutely captivated by it. I felt like the artist who painted Christ really knew him, and depicted him in a way that felt so real. As I stood there staring at it, I got the sense that Christ did indeed know me. I could feel him borrowing his eyes into my soul, and I yearned to be in his arms. I felt such gratitude for my Savior in this moment and for the significance of Christmas. I am so thankful for his birth, his life, his example, and his sacrifice. He is the reason for the season and the greatest gift we could ever ask for!
No comments:
Post a Comment