Monday, October 22, 2007

WE'RE MOVING TO BOISE!!!!

BOISE, HERE WE COME!!!!! After several stressful weeks of interviewing, job offers, and negoatiating, Eric has finally accepted a position as a full-time Physical Therapist at a privately-owned company called Rehab Authority, which operates several outpatient clinics in Boise, ID and the surrounding area. We are extremely pleased and excited about this offer and believe that it will provide Eric a tremendous amount of learning and career growth right out of graduate school. It was a tough decision with so many offers on the table, but ultimately, it came down to long-term opportunity (which for us is 3-5 years now) within the company, work environment, and a big factor was the affordability of the city. As much as we both loved Portland and Seattle, the housing market was so expensive (esp for a new grad!) and we weren't totally sold on the weather! Another pull to Boise is the fact that we will only be a 4-5 hour drive away from family!

Eric will be leaving this weekend to start work next week, while at the same time, studying hard for the National Board exams (to become a licensed PT). Me and Austin, on the other hand, will stay in CA until around Thanksgiving, so we can save a little more moula, and try to find a place to live in the meantime! We are extremely excited aoout living in Boise, as another adventure awaits us!

4 comments:

Shay said...

I'm so excited for your new move. You will love Boise. I lived there for 2 years and enjoyed it so much. I would love to move back! Boise has so much to offer with it's nice climate and the beautiful outdoors. Congratulations to Eric. Sounds like a great job!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys congratulations on your big plans. I'm so excited for you. I have never actually been to Boise, so we may have to plan a trip up there sometime.
Joseph

Mom in Mendon said...

We have to get a new clock. :)

Anonymous said...

I think that you guys will love Boise. We will have to come and see you sometime, we are about 3 hours away. We really should just meet in Sun Valley for a ski weekend!! Good Luck with the new job and the big move...soo exciting