Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It's a BOY!!!!!!



Well, for all those who doubted my strong motherly instincts that I was having a boy, HA! You're all wrong! I am 5 months along now, and we had our ultrasound today to see the little bugger and make sure he's developing good. Sure enough, he is doing great, actually he's measuring larger, so they pushed my due date up to March 28th! I'll take an extra week or two less! My mom and Austin came with me since Eric is already in Boise (I know, sad!) and Austin was fascinated with the "jelly on Mommy's belly" and the video screen that showed the baby and all its parts! It's funny, even though he's only 2 1/2 he totally gets that Mommy has a baby in her tummy and he likes to talk about it all the time. He thought I was having a boy too, so of course, making it official was even more exciting! Luckily, this baby is a mover and a shaker too, and he was moving quite a lot in the ultrasound! He waved at us, he kicked his feet (which the x-ray tech said were quite large, hmmmm, wonder who those came from?!), and his "boy part" was very prominent! The tech even commented on his male parts by saying, "wow, he's sure excited!" We just had to laugh at that! (And yes, the ultrasound pictures show it very vividly.) All in all, it was a fun experience and I am quite relieved that I could save face! 2 for 2 so far!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations!! Boys are so much fun! You'll have some awesome athletes. I hope everything is going well....when are you moving to Boise??

Shay said...

Congratulations on a little boy! I am so in love with my two boys. 5 months prego and you look amazing. I was totally wearing maternity clothes at 5 months. You go girl!

The Ratchford Family said...

Congrats!!! You are in for it with 2 boys. Just kidding. It is fun having two of the same so they can be buddies.

Katie said...

Congrats Kiki! I'm with the Ratchfords! You're FOR SURE in for it with 2 boys. It'll be CRAZY and wild but oh-so-very-much fun!!! Some days I would love my 2 boys to stop the craziness and wrestling just for a moment, but I wouldn't trade the fact that they have each other for anything! So excited for you!

Cindy Boyer said...

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!! I am so excited for you. Hey here is our link to our blog:
http://bombdiggityboyerblog.blogspot.com/

Keep in touch!!

The Ashcroft's said...

Congrats! I am a fan of boys now that I have my sweet Keaton, Tyler and I both thought another girl would be nice. Nevertheless, 2 kids is a bit more crazy! And I'm TAGGING you. Go to my blog for info!

Abigail said...

Love you friend!