
Thanksgiving is always a great reminder to how many abundant blessings we have and this year especially, I have reflected on how much the Lord has truly blessed our lives. Eric came home this morning after being in Boise for a month and it was so great to have our little family back together! Even though I saw him somewhat recently, Austin hadn't seen his Daddy since he left! He was so ecstatic to see him and all day was his little shadow. It's amazing how much more grateful we are to family when we don't see them as often. This past month has been difficult without Eric around, but it has made our family stronger and I am grateful for that. I am also grateful for our extended family, mine and Eric's, and how much they truly love and support us. Without them, we wouldn't be who we are today. I have always thought that everything good that I am comes directly from my parents. They have taught me so much, mostly by example, and I hope I can only fill their big shoes as parents, companions, etc in this lifetime. I am grateful that Eric comes from an equally wonderful family, one whom I consider my own, and I love them dearly. There are so many little things to be thankful for, the list could go on for days, but I mostly wanted to reflect on how grateful I am for family and for the fact that we will be together forever. What a blessing that is! Without the gospel in our lives, we wouldn't have the foundation and knowledge that we have of our Savior and the great plan of salvation. It's what brings our family together and is what strengthens us. With the world we are living in now, it is the very core that will keep us together and help us return to HIM. We are moving tomorrow to Boise and a new chapter in our lives awaits...I am excited and grateful that the Lord has led us there and know that it will be a great experience for us!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, we all need to take a breather once in awhile and remember our blessings!! You've inspired me. I can't wait to hear how your move turned out. Good Luck! GO BSU!!
Are you all settled? I hope you're loving Boise and being A FAMILY again! I'm excited to hear how things are going.
Post a Comment