Austin has always LOVED the water. In fact, he's always been borderline "scary" with how fearless he is. It's a good and bad thing. Fortunately, I've been teaching him swim lessons for the past 2 yrs and he's getting pretty darn good AND pool safe. He can jump in and swim to the side, dive for rings at the bottom, swim big arms (freestyle/crawl), float on his front and back by himself, and just recently, side breathing with big arms. The kid is catching on and I think we might have a future competitive swimmer here. No surprise here, it runs in our family genes (my DAD, that is). When I get around to it, I'll videotape him swimming. Probably at the end of the summer when he can really do the whole freestyle-breathing thing well. My goal for him is to get him to swim an entire length by himself. By the looks of it now, he'll easily get there.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Little fish
Austin has always LOVED the water. In fact, he's always been borderline "scary" with how fearless he is. It's a good and bad thing. Fortunately, I've been teaching him swim lessons for the past 2 yrs and he's getting pretty darn good AND pool safe. He can jump in and swim to the side, dive for rings at the bottom, swim big arms (freestyle/crawl), float on his front and back by himself, and just recently, side breathing with big arms. The kid is catching on and I think we might have a future competitive swimmer here. No surprise here, it runs in our family genes (my DAD, that is). When I get around to it, I'll videotape him swimming. Probably at the end of the summer when he can really do the whole freestyle-breathing thing well. My goal for him is to get him to swim an entire length by himself. By the looks of it now, he'll easily get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
His other Grandpa was a surfer and NOT a competitive swimmer. However, show Austin and me a beach and we will be happy for hours on end!
Elder McEvoy
Post a Comment