Ok, so I'm not the craftiest person in the world BY NO MEANS, and anyone that knows me knows I didn't get those "talents" in the family (which I'm totally ok with). However, I saw some cute ideas for carving pumpkins in Good Housekeeping while waiting in the doctors office a couple weeks ago that I thought I would try. We decided to make our pumpkins into characters, with a skeleton, a witch, a mummy, a bat, and a pirate. Most of the characters' accessories we already had, so it was actually easy and cheap. Austin even named our pumpkins, which I thought was cute! Last night after we finished the last one, we lit them on our porch to take a picture (which didn't turn out as good as I hoped), and Austin said, "I think these pumpkins are kinda scary, Mom. They might scare the kids away." Let's hope not. Anyways, it was a fun family activity to do together, even if I did most of it! :)
4 comments:
Looks good, nice and simple, I think. Cute pics of your boys by the way! Have a nice Halloween.
Too Cool!!!
LOVE your porch! You may not feel crafty, but you carved a lot of cute pumpkins.
You can send the candy to us...
Post a Comment