Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kids tender mercies



Let me first just say how much I LOVE my kids. They are so special, tender-hearted, pure, and perfect little spirits. I am so grateful that we have blessed to "have them on loan" from Heavenly Father. And at this particular time in our life with so much going on, I'm thankful to have their smiling, angelic faces and sweet words brighten my day and provide me with the sunshine that I need.

There have been some sweet moments and sayings that have gone on that I don't ever want to forget. EVER. So, here's a synopsis of a few:

Austin while saying prayers one night, "Heavenly Father, please bless Mom to LIVESTRONG so she won't have to go the doctor anymore." That about did it for me. I couldn't contain the tears!

Carson while comforting me one day, "Mommy, it will be OK." How much I needed those words at that moment! What a sweet spirit he is and so close to his Heavenly Father.

Austin while snuggling with me in bed morning, "Mom, I just want to cuddle with you right now. I missed you." For a kid that isn't too affectionate, this was music to my ears.

Carson while saying family prayer one night (which he said almost entirely by himself), "Please bless Mommy to not feel icky".

All of these and more, I know, are tender mercies from my Heavenly Father. I just know that it is HIS way of showing me His love, and letting me know that I will be alright and that I'm being watched over. And what marvelous blessings those are.

2 comments:

schmidt happens said...

Those are tender mercies! such sweet boys- what a blessing they are! I love the pictures too! <3

Anonymous said...

Christina, I have never met you, but I was friends with Eric in high school and heard about what you and your family are dealing with. I found your blog through Daisie's blog. I have been reading through your blog (I hope you don't mind) and I am so impressed by your perpective. It really caused me to re-evaluate what is important to me. I will be praying for you and Eric and your kids.