Thursday, November 24, 2011

Family photo shoot

So, we had our "annual" family photo shoot last week. Family photos are always a love-hate experience for me because on one end, I love having the beautiful photos afterwords to frame and put on the wall, but on the other, I HATE the whole experience of figuring out what everyone will wear and then there's the actualy photo shoot...TORTURE!! (For everyone involved, really.) Let's just say that our boys DO NOT enjoy having their picture taken, even if you make it fun. As long as they know they are getting their pictures taken, they gripe the whole time and trust me---there are PLENTY of bribes in attempts to keep them cooperative too. You would never know by looking at these pictures though because they turned out exactly as I hoped they would and the kids miraculously appeared HAPPY in them.

The trick this time around? Well, for starters, we had a talented, young, budding photographer who we know from church take the pictures--she had some great ideas and locations for our photos--historic Hyde Park in downtown Boise, and down on the Boise River in Eagle...so, that helped. I also really wanted some fun pictures, that showed our family's personality--which is CRAZY! I didn't want all so-candid-and-posed pictures. So, we came up with a few fun ideas (like hanging the kids upside down), and they paid off! I am in LOVE with these pictures! Thanks Harmony--you blew me away with your talent, improvisation (a requirement with young kids), and patience!

I think we might hold off a couple more years though before we attempt family pictures again... ;)














No comments: