Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuckeroo




Tucker has been a part of our family for more than 6 months now. And before I tell you about his "Marley moments" (dubbed from the movie "Marley and Me"), let me first say that Tucker is generally a good dog. For only being 1 1/2, he is super mellow, really sweet, and obedient. BUT, like any dog and especially a young, energetic labrador, he can be a little naughty. For example, if we leave him out in the yard by himself for too long, he will destroy something. Like jump up on our trees and tear down the branches for instance. Or tear up the tarp under the bark on the side yard. Or chew up one of the kids' toys that was left out. Or chew up his bed in his dog house. But who expects perfection, right?! ;)

In all seriousness though, Tucker is a great dog. He allows the boys to MAUL him to death, and has never even nipped at them. He loves affection, especially first thing in the morning. He loves to be rubbed and scratched on his belly/chest. He LOVES to play fetch with balls and sticks. And most importantly, he loves his NEW family. What a blessing he has been to our family. I know that sounds silly, but he came into our lives during a difficult year, and the boys really needed him. We really needed him.

The last picture here is Carson taking a nap on Tucker. I am in love with this photo because it depicts BOTH of them perfectly. Carson loves his sleep with his blanket and thumb, and Tucker loves it when the boys lay on him. I caught Carson asleep on him once and I couldn't believe that Tucker just laid there and didn't get up. What a sweet dog!

No comments: