This last Sunday was special because Austin bore his testimony at church for the first time. What made it even more special was that he did it without any promptings from us, his teachers, or even kids in his Primary class. He just decided to go up to the podium all by himself and do it!
We were so proud of him because that is a very scary thing to do! He was very brave and very strong.What an example he is to his brother and his peers at church! Austin's testimony was tender, yet simple, and you could tell that he felt the Spirit. He bore his testimony of Jesus Christ--that He lives and loves us and died for us.
This was a momentous occasion for him and us. I loved that Austin did it all on his alone without our help or without us pushing him to do it. He was ready when he was ready and he listened to the Spirit. What a neat day it was and I know he felt very proud of himself. In fact, he said after he sat down, "Mom, that wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be!"
With Austin turning 8 soon and getting baptized, I think this was the perfect time for him. He is growing up right before our eyes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment