Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tis' the season...for craziness

I have a love-hate relationship with the holidays. I love the music, the decorations and the lights, the home-baked treats from neighbors and friends (in small amounts), getting Christmas cards in the mail, the parties, and mostly, the spirit of giving and time for reflection on the Savior. I hate the chaos of this season--the hustle and bustle of too many "things" on the calendar, the crowds and lines in stores (I really loathe Christmas shopping), and the over abundance of treats and sweets (again love-hate relationship).
 
This year I was determined to not stress too much about getting things done.  And so for the first time ever, I put up our Christmas decorations right before Thanksgiving.  I can't believe I did that because I swore I would never do that, but I looked at my calendar for Dec one day and decided that it was the only time to do it.  Once I had it up, it definitely got me in the Christmas spirit!









Of course, the kids always look forward to Buddy, our Elf, returning to the house.  He's a bit creepy looking, but we like that he's different or "special"!

 

No comments: