




Carson David McEvoy was born on Monday, March 24th at 9:24am and weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs. 10 oz. and measured 22.5 in. long (5 oz. bigger and 2 in. longer than Austin)! What a bruiser! We went into the hospital at 6:00am and once things were started around 7:00 with the pitocin, the doctor came in shortly after and broke my water and labor started progressing fairly quickly. I was able to get an epidural (heaven sent!) and dilated from a 4.5 to a 10cm in only 45 minutes! All in all, active labor was only 1.5 hrs long and luckily I only had to push for 10 min(amazing considering the sheer size of Carson) before he came into the world kicking and screaming!
So far, we are doing extremely well. I am recovering great, sleeping when I can (esp while my mom is here!), and fortunately, Carson is eating well too. He is a very sweet baby and looks just like his brother did! We've decided Austin had bigger hands and feet along with a little more hair, but other than that, their baby pictures are clones of each other! Austin is doing fabulous with him, so loving and affectionate, and even a tad protective of him when visitors come over! He is also very helpful and curious about everything, and just loves having a baby brother! Anyhow, things are going good so far, but I'm sure as Carson changes, grows, and becomes more alert, the struggles and tiredness will catch up with me even more! We are so blessed and thrilled to have such a sweet and beautiful baby boy and so grateful that everything went smoothly and everyone is healthy!
15 comments:
What a handsome little, er, big fella! Way to go Christina!! You deserve a medal or something for such a big baby! My babies didn't see that kind of weight til they were 2 months. I love big babies though, cause you don't feel like you are going to accidently 'break' them. I'm so happy for you guys, and especially that Carson is healthy, what a blessing. I've been checking your blog daily, and thinking a lot about you, so I'm so glad to see he is here, and all is well. CONGRATS!
Congratulations Christina!! What a cutie. Wow-- what a big boy. Hopefully he sleeps better having a little meat on his bones, I am sure he is still so tiny. Austin looks super happy with his new brother. Congrats! Get lots of sleep while your mom is there :)
You look amazingly well for a lady who just had a baby. Getting induced is wonderful isn't it. The baby is so cute and I cant believe that he was so big. Something tells me that all your kids are going to look like they are from the McEvoy clan.
Congratulations! 9 lbs 10 oz...Holy cow! My boys were both 9 lbs, so I can relate with having big boys. I think the bigger the better. I love Carson's chubby cheeks...kiss and squeeze them for me! I love the family photo...priceless! I'm so happy to hear that Austin is such a great big brother. Best wishes!
Congratulations! First on surviving, and then on having such an adorable little guy (two actually). Were you and eric also big babies or is this just a shock to everyone? Anyway, congrats and good luck with everything.
I just came across your blog and saw you had a new baby. Congratulations to the two of you! Carson looks so precious. What a cute family you have! We've jumped on the blog bandwagon, too. Check us out. jkhuber@blogspot.com. It's so fun to see what people are up to. Take care. --Kristen & John
Congratulations! That guy is HUGE! I can't believe he came out of you! Seriously, my babies don't reach that weight for a long time. I'm so glad Austin is adjusting so far - I hope things continue to go well! So glad everything went well and that you have such a cute little guy to show for it all.
Congratulations!!
Congratulations!!! And you look great in your hospital photo.
Glad your mom is there to help and that you are recovering well.
Welcome hugs to Carson! Darling family picture--it's up on the board already.) It was great to see Eric. Love to all.
CONGRATULATIONS! What a cutie!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. I'm glad you are all doing well. Carson's cheeks are so cute, already kinda chubby!! What a woman to push out such a big boy.... Enjoy the new bundle. I love new babies!!!
Congratulations.
He's a handsome young lad. I like the David middle name. I'm flattered that you would name your son after me.
You guys are great. Lots of love
The Ratchfords
Congrats Christina! Mo told me you had your baby and I just had to come take a look at his adorable pictures. Hope we get to play more Guitar Hero soon!
I can't believe you can look that gorgeous so soon after pushing out such a big one. I mean, I always knew you were athletic, but SHEESH!! That's just talent! Way to go woman!
So, I've gotta ask how you know my buddies from my high school - Shayna and Jeremy Louk. Hmmm? Small world!
Post a Comment