Sunday, March 16, 2008

One week to go, maybe sooner??!!


All of you that have experienced pregnancy know how awful the last few weeks are. First of all, there's the sheer largness of your expanding belly as the baby grows the most the last few weeks! And that creates an uncomfortableness like no other! The baby's kicks are more powerful (especially in the ribs!), your belly is always tight, you're utterly exhausted all the time, the Braxton Hicks contractions get stronger, there's that pressure in the lower abdomen from the baby's head (which makes you not want to wear pants!), and let's not forget the ever more frequent bathroom trips in the middle of the night (I'm up to 5x a night)! For me, I'm experiencing all of the above and then some and I'm just ready to be DONE! I don't care if I will be getting less sleep once the baby arrives, I just look forward to having my body back, sleeping on my back/stomach, and not dealing with a "basketball" in my tummy!

Regardless of all the aches, pains and nuances those last few weeks, I'm still charged and exercising 3-4 days a week! Everyone thinks I'm nuts, but it helps my energy level, makes me feel stronger and better, and most of all, it's extra motivation to possibly get this baby going sooner! As of last week, I was 2.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced and the baby has dropped, so it could be any day. The 24th is the day I'm being induced, however, I have bets with Eric that I won't make it until then! We'll see what happens! Oh, and did I mention that the baby was 8 1/2 lbs already as of last week! Yikes! Where do these big babies come from??!! (Thanks McEvoys!) Despite all this complaining though, really I'm just thrilled and excited to meet this little one, it is all worth it in the end!

8 comments:

Shay said...

Good Luck with these last few days of your pregnancy. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little guy. I cant believe they say he is already so big. I also have 9 lbs boys, so I can totally relate. It's a miracle we can have these big boys. I'm so excited for you all! YAY!

westcoastgrandma said...

Can't wait for your big day. Austin probably thinks his little brother will never come out of that belly of yours.

Mom in Mendon said...

Good luck, Christina. You've been in our thoughts and prayers. You're a great mom. This is exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I am feeling for you right now!! We will be thinking about you, and sending happy thoughts of quick labors and strong epidurals :) Can't wait to hear about the new arrival! 8.5 lbs!! Yikes.

Julie said...

Wow- Christina. You look amazing to be due anytime. Hopefully the labor is smooth and painless :) :) :)
Can't wait to see pictures of your new little boy. Happy Labor, I'll be thinking of you.

Kristin said...

Good luck! The end is DEFINITELY the worst. The last few weeks feel like years and years...then the baby is born, and one week later it seems like it is already time for their first birthday. Amazing how relative time can be with children.

You do look great. And I really feel for you. I am amazed by how many of those uncomfortable parts of the end of pregnancy I already feel at 17-18 weeks. I think it might be related to having five babies in less than eight years.

Good luck with a smooth labor and delivery...Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!!

Melonie said...

This is Mo's friend from Kinsley's b-day party... Congrats! You're almost there! I'm totally with you on all those uncomfortable last month symptoms and annoyances! Good job on exercising still! I tried to jump a fence on Saturday and totally fell back on my bottom! I'm sure it was a great site for all to see. Good luck with the last few days!

Matt and Allyson said...

Congratulations to your new family of four! We got the pix text from Eric (I'm assuming). What a giant baby! I can relate...Miles was 9.9! Hope all is well and we look forward to seeing more photos on the blog! Best wishes!