Friday, June 20, 2008

My latest obsession


When I initially heard that this book was about vampires, even despite all the buzz, I was not in the least bit interested. Honestely, I'm not one to indulge in books or movies of this nature-vampires, aliens, superhuman creatures, you name it, not interested. I prefer reality (to some degree), thank you. But after much coaxing of my sisters and friends who have read these books, I decided I would give it a second glance (plus it was only $6 at Costco). After only 4 days, it is literally like this toxic drug that sucks the life out of you (no pun intended!)-your time, all those things that need to be done around the house, and sadly sometimes a 3 yr old wanting my attention (although I've mostly read it during my workouts and at night), but it's addictive, what can I say! I started it only 4 days ago and will probably finish it tonight! I can't wait to read the sequels too, who would've thought this concept would be so fascinating, so exhilerating, such a page turner! Bravo Stephanie Meyer!

8 comments:

Idaho Bushmans said...

I was the same way. Loved them. Let me know if you want to borrow the other two books.

Allyson

heather and fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heather and fam said...

I am the same way about the books. I'm actually going to read all 3 again before the next one comes out...just to get back up to speed. Definately a good read and really hard to put down!

p.s. that comment above that was deleted was mine...for some reason this random thing came up and posted it as a comment I made? No idea how that one happened..sorry!

Unknown said...

I hate to tell you--'I told you so!' :) I LOVE her books--they are amazing. Although I think I'm a little more obsessed than most, staying up until 4 AM every night until I read them all. I already have re-read them again and have her 4th book pre-ordered... What can I say--they are soooo addictive! And I'm in love with Edward :) haha I think Josh was so tired of hearing me talk about vampires. And BTW, her movie comes out on 12/12. Cant's wait!

minna said...

I have been wanting to get a good book to read. I just checked that it is awailable also in Finnish so I might be heading to the libabry soon and get it.

The Ashcroft's said...

DITTO, I felt like I was reading my own thoughts, I was resistent to start the book and was completely sucked into it and finished all 3 books within a week. Which I paid for when I returned to real life and nothing had been done.... Oh well, we deserve a little escape once in awhile, even if it is through a book about a teenage vampire....

Emily said...

I too have a twilight obsession. Did you know there is even a twilight moms website for all of us totally lame moms who lost a week of housework, sleep, and our husbands patience to read the books. I have to admit that I have already re-read them and have a girls night out party planned for the opening of the movie--12/12.

bridgette said...

i am the same way! i absolutley love these books i cannot wait for the fourth!