Sunday, June 15, 2008

To the BEST Dad...we love you!


Happy Fathers Day to all those dads out there, but especially to my husband! I know we all think our dads or husbands are the best, but I wanted to take the time to write a little about Eric, and how much we appreciate him and all he does. I decided to do a Top 10 list of the things we love about our Dad the most!

10. He puts up with me! Not an easy task sometimes!
9. Eric is great at showing his affection, love, and appreciation to me and the kids. It always melts my heart when I see him hugging Austin or cuddling with Carson.
8. He is good at disciplining and always consistent with it!
7. One word...humble. I love this about him!
6. Eric is probably the most patient person I know, one the many reasons I married him, but this quality especially comes in handy when you're a parent (if you know what I mean!). I tend to lose my patience a lot easier than Eric, so I'm glad that I have a husband and father in our house that can keep his cool, remain calm, and put everyone at ease. Whether it's our 3 yr old throwing a tantrum, a fussy baby, or an exhausted mom, he knows just what to do to make things better!
5. Eric is a great example in every aspect of his life-a great husband and father, a worthy priesthood holder and someone living the gospel, a hard worker, and an all-around kind person who respects and doesn't judge others.
4. He is a very good teacher and coach, whether it's teaching Austin how to ride a bike, hit a baseball, mow the lawn, or how to tie his shoes. Again, the patience!
3. He gets up in the middle of the night to help me with the baby when needed without a complaint! Not to mention, he lets me sleep in the morning...heaven sent!
2. When Eric gets home from work, he doesn't sit down and relax and watch sports, he helps me with dinner or takes the kids and gives me a break without complaining! I do not take this for granted!
1. Most importantly, he is a fun dad! He loves to play with the kids, wrestle, tickle, chase, play hide-and-go-seek, go for a bike ride, play sports, you name it!

1 comment:

Mom in Mendon said...

Eric-- Previet! and Happy Daddy Day! Hope you had a great time.

BTW, the snapfish book you all gave us for Christmas got passed around on Sunday. I think everyone overlooked it during the hectic holiday festivities, but I could see they really like it. That great trip was just over a year ago.