Last summer when we were living in CA, I was toying back and forth with the idea of going back to work part-time (as a medical sales rep) once Carson was a few months old, or starting my own business. Well, I obviously decided on the latter. It basically came down to two main things: I wanted to be my own boss which entailed choosing how many and what hours I worked, and more importantly, after not working in the fitness industry for a few years now and missing it, I wanted to get back to doing what I love and what ultimately, I do best...helping people achieve their fitness/health goals and changing people's lives. It was a little daunting at first to think about starting a Personal Training business all over again (I did this on the side in SLC and CA), and especially in a new city where I virtually knew NO ONE and had no connections. However, I was up to the challenge and decided to set realistic goals on how I started this and my time frame for getting where I want to be.
When we first moved to Boise, I was 6 months pregnant and knew that it would be hard to start something when I would be having a baby in a few months and then taking some time off. So, I held off and while doing so, came up with some innovative ideas, networked with people, thought of my business name, got materials/business cards/fliers together, etc. My first venture is starting a "Hot Mama" Boot Camp early in the morning 3 days/week in the summer (starting next week), that I'm running at a large park that is across the street from our subdivision along with several other neighborhoods. For a minimal price/session, women can come and get a great workout (I guarantee way better than at the gym!), learn the best and most efficient exercises for getting results, and enjoy a fun environment with other moms! I thought this idea would also be a great way to get my name out there and network. Hopefully I get a couple of private clients and/or referrals out of it! I'm very excited about this opportunity and it will be a great way to earn some extra income and give me an outlet. I will also be starting a fitness blog soon, so stay tuned....
7 comments:
hey, good job Christina. I am sure it will be a success! If I were there, I would totally be signed up! I am sure lots of moms will be eager to get into shape! I'll give you a call soon so we can catch up!
Congratulations! What an exciting adventure for you. I wish I could come to your Hot Mama class! When you come to town, we can do it in my backyard!
That is so awesome! This is something that I dream about doing someday also. Jer and I were just talking about this the other night too. I might be calling you in a year to bounce ideas off each other. Good Luck...can't wait to hear more about it!
Awesome idea! Too bad you are so far away, I would hire you right away! I don't seem to find time for my self and excercise. I miss it a lot.
You are my fitness hero and I can't wait until you start a fitness blog. I will check it every day. And if I lived in Boise I would be your first client!
way to go!! I hope that you have success with this, and if I lived closer, I would definitely join! You are an inspiration!
I'm just curious to know how did your first HOT MAMA class went?
Post a Comment