Monday, September 29, 2008
FHE on Testimonies
Tonight we had FHE on Testimonies and what they are, why they're important, how to grow them, and how to say them. Of course, we simplified this to a 3 yr. old, but it was good to do this the day after Fast Sunday. Plus, Austin had noticed a couple of kids get up and bear their testimony, and was interested in that. So, I did a short lesson on testimonies and then Eric bore his testimony in a simple but powerful way that Austin could understand. I didn't expect this, but the Spirit was so strong when he did this, and even Austin recognized it. I could tell because while Eric was doing this, Austin was sitting very still and watching Eric, and smiling once in awhile. I KNEW that he felt something, he might not totally understand what the Spirit is yet, but he definitely recognized that he felt good and that what his dad was saying was true. I, of course, had tears in my eyes and was so happy for this sweet moment as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The Spirit knows us without an age. He works in all of us, when we are trying. Good job, Meridian Macs.
This is so sweet, Christina! I can just imagine what your home felt like during your lesson and Eric's testimony. What a gift to have the Holy Ghost and another gift to feel it!
Post a Comment