Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sun River, OR trip


We spent almost a week in Sun River, OR (Central Oregon, near Bend) with my family last week and here's how I will describe it...

Relaxing. Fun. Awesome house with indoor pool, ping pong, fuse ball, and pool table. Great hikes. Amazing rapids, waterfalls, and mountains. Great weather (except one day). Resort town. Our sweet, matching cruiser bikes. Biking along the river. Beautiful countryside. Deer everywhere. Bend-love it. Want to live there. River rafting=good times. Getting drenched (esp me, Eric, and Trish). Jimmer (our guide)=one rad dude. Smith Rock=unbelievable, world class climbing. Yummy food. Especially Trisha's homeade chocolate banana ice cream. Loud ping pong/pool/fuse ball competitions amoung the boys 24/7. Around-the-world ping pong games=hilarious. Mosquito bites. The High Desert Museum. Bowling. Bumper cars. Go-carts. All fun. Late night movies. The infamous game of "Curses"=lots and lots of laughs. Chillin' in the hot tub. What can we say, it was a great time!

Thanks to Mom and Dad for planning and organizing this trip, our vacations are always the best memories and such a great way to spend time together, bond, and catch up. We love you guys more than you know and are grateful for everything you do. Can't wait for the next trip together whenever that is!

8 comments:

The Ratchford Family said...

Can I join your family Christina? It sounds like so much fun.

Heather said...

HA-HA, We use to play Cursed with my in-laws. That is such a hilarious game!

The Grantham Family said...

Welcome back! You soooo just gave me the vacation bug! Looks like a great trip and I LOVED your descriptive-ness! It looks like you have such a great family! I want some of that home-made ice cream....hmmm!

The Roylance Family said...

What a blast! You all look like you're having so much fun! What a great family!

heather and fam said...

Looks like fun! Was Austin as tramatized about having to let the bowling ball go as he was last year at Christmas time? That was pretty funny. Looks like you had a blast!

Kauti Nicholls said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a fun family reunion. It's nice that everyone could be there too! Carson is getting so big and looking so old! I love all his cute little expressions!

Heather said...

We are doing great! I am hoping for a girl but it will be just fine if it is a boy! How are you guys? I know Adam would love to still have Eric here to watch the Bengals with! Are you guys planning a trip this way anytime soon?

Katie said...

Looks like tons of fun! Glad you had such a great time!