Friday, June 19, 2009

My "girls"


Ashley, Torie, Sariah, Kammi, Marrisa, me, Erika, and Cassidy

I love these girls. For the past year, I have had the priviledge of working with these amazing young ladies at church. For the last 6 years I have had various callings in Young Womens-Mia Maid Adivsor, Secretary, YW President, and now Laurel Advisor. I kinda feel like it's my life calling or something since every ward we've been in, they put in YW's! I have to say though, as much work as it can be, it is one of them most rewarding, and full-filling callings in the church. I really have grown attached to these girls (and all the girls I have served in the past for that matter!), and feel like they're my own! These girls simply amaze me with their strength, their testimonies, their leadership, and mostly, their examples. They were definitely put on this earth during this time for a reason-their spirits are strong enough to overcome the many temptations and obstacles that come their way during these perilous times. Each Sunday I teach them, I gain more back than what I gave them. They truly love and know their Savior, they stand tall in their values and beliefs, and their countenances shine as daughters of God.

Last night I was able to go to Girls camp and be apart of the testimony meetings (it was the last night of camp). It was so much fun to spend time with them, talk about their camp experiences, and hug them all. My favorite part though was hearing their testominies and feeling the Spirit that was present there. I'm uplifted everytime I'm with them and my testimony is strengthened as well. I really do love my calling, and hope and pray that I am a strength and example to them as they are to me!

No comments: