(CLICK ON TO BLOW UP)
After only spending a few days at home (after our CA trip), we headed out of town again, this time to Bear Lake for a McEvoy family reunion. It was quite a lot of work to get everything ready being as we were going to be camping, but well worth the hard work! We had a blast with everyone (missed Kevin's family though!) at the beach on Bear Lake for 2 days and spent a night camping in the mountains near the lake. Although Eric and I decided that you don't get a lot of sleep when camping with little kids! Austin did great however, but Carson woke up with a poopy diaper in the middle of the night (nice timing, huh?!) and then wouldn't go back to sleep for a couple of hours. On top of that, we dealt with some kind of critter outside of our tent trying to eat at the ropes, a car alarm going off, and the usual aches and pains of sleeping on a slightly sloping, uneven ground! We joked that we used to love camping pre-kids because it required a lot less work and we actually SLEPT! Plus, the work that goes into getting everything ready (which is a lot of stuff-you should've seen our car!), and then having to unpack, clean, and do 5 gazillion loads of laundry when you get home (which I will be doing all week) just exhausts you!
We had so much fun with everyone though-laughing at each other, eating yummy food and smores, watching the kids get SOOOO dirty and washing them off every hour (ok, slight exaggeration but you should've seen some of those kids!), and just spending quality time together. Oh, and we also had 4-wheelers (thanks to Brett and Heather) and wave runners (Jim and Tiff), so obviously that was the center of the fun. The kids could've just sat in the 4-wheelers idle for hours just playing!
Another memorable moment-Austin and Lainey getting lost in the forest. They both wandered off into the forest with Austin's headlamp, and we couldn't find them for quite some time! A little scary and when they got back, I said to Austin, "I'm so mad at you for wandering off like that", and Austin's reply was, "I am so mad at myself!" Scary moment turned funny, I guess. Another highlight-Eric and I rode our bikes from our campsite up to Bear Lake Saturday morning (a pretty steep incline) and that was so much fun to get to bike together since we never get to do that anymore! We also stopped for the famous "Bear Lake raspberry" shakes on our way out to Logan, super YUMMMY! All in all, it was an awesome weekend and we can't wait for next time!
2 comments:
Cute pictures. I got some loaded onto my blog also. There is a cute one of Eric and Carson and a good one of Maecee and Austin.
I didn't know that Austin said he was mad at himself about his "adventure". That's pretty funny! Glad to know you guys made it home ok. See ya in a few weeks :)
Post a Comment