Sunday, March 28, 2010

Goodbye to Boise for now...

With the decision made for me to pursue treatment (clinical trial) in S.F., we decided it would be best for me to be out in CA for the first 3 months of the induction phase. This phase requires injections every 3 weeks, along with scans and other lab work, and to be closely watched by my team of physicians. So, the kids and I packed up 3 months of stuff and made the trek westward. My mom drove out on Thurs, we packed that day and Friday, and then left Sat. morning.

I had mixed emotions about leaving everything behind for that long, but especially about leaving Eric. I knew that this would be tough on our family (although I've seen friends go longer), but it seemed like the right thing to do. Eric will be missed by all 3 of us and I only hope the boys will adjust to life in CA and be happy while we're there. We're even hoping we can get Austin into preschool there to finish out the school year, mostly for him to have that "routine" still, and to have some friends to play with. I'm so grateful to my parents who have done so much for our little family, and who will have to put up with us for 3 whole months! Good thing they love their grandkids! :)

No comments: