I thought I wouldn't be sad with Austin going to school all day (for awhile there, I was looking forward to it! ;) and entering 1st grade this year, but it was an emotional day for me! Partly because it brought me back to last year at this time when I missed the first day of school (I was in the hospital getting treatment), but mostly because it made me realize that Austin is growing up so fast! By the end of summer, he was sure ready for school to begin though! The morning of the first day, he got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, fixed his lunch, and then got his backpack on--ALL before 8am! When I told him that he had another hour before school started, he was so bummed! :)
Watching Austin walk off into school that morning brought tears to my eyes as I realized how fast time flies and how my baby isn't such a baby anymore! He is such a great kid though and has so many special and unique characteristics about him that will help him do well in school and in life. I love that Austin be-friends anyone AND everyone regardless of age, sex, color, etc. He is a very social and friendly kid and always includes everyone. Him and I had been having talks lately about making sure not to leave anyone out and to find the kids that look lonely at school. The morning before school started, Austin told me, "Mom, don't worry, I promise to make sure to find the kids that need a friend!" I am so proud of him. I know he will do GREAT in school because he is very bright and curious and wants to do well. I can't wait to see what he's doing by the end of this school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment