Saturday, September 10, 2011

Viking Man

Well, after a few mishaps the morning before the race, I still did it. I placed 1st in my age category and 2nd in overall females. What a morning though. First, I couldn't get my wetsuit zipper to zip up, which delayed the race a couple of minutes, then my timing chip didn't work. Once in the water, I had a slight anxiety attack because the wetsuit around my neck felt like it was choking me. On the bike, we had a very strong headwind which made it a lot harder to maintain the pace that I am used to, and to top it off, the last mile of the bike leg, I got lost on the course because a cop that was directing traffic gave me the wrong directions! UGHHH! I ended up riding a couple extra miles and losing 6 minutes. But I can't complain because those kind of things happen sometimes and there's nothing you can do about them. Plus, I still finished well (I would've finished 1st overall if it weren't for the cop!) and had a blast.


Next year, I plan to do a few more Aquabike races--I would like to do the one in Vegas which is a Half Ironman distance and eventually in a couple of years do a Full Aquabike (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike). I think I'm pretty good at it too! ;)

Finishing the swim and running to transition

Transition
Bike finish line

Me and my #1

Finish line

No comments: