
Oh happy day! My younger sister, Jenni and her husband, Matt, had their first baby today! This is my first niece (or nephew) on my side of the family and I am so thrilled to officially be an aunt! Gwen Nicole was born at 5 lbs 11 oz and was 18 inches long--so tiny! Jen and Matt were blessed with a smooth delivery and a healthy baby and they will be bringing little Gwen home in a couple of days.
I am reminded me of the most amazing and beautiful gift we could ever experience in our lifetime--the great miracle of life. Hearing about Jen and Matt's birth experience brought back a flood of memories when our two boys were born. They were both totally different experiences in the sense of the labor and birth, but the same in how amazing it was to see and hold OUR baby for the first time! Words cannot describe the instant love you have for that little one that has spent 9 months growing in your womb. It is such a surreal and spiritual moment. I remember, especially with Austin, thinking as he was laid in my arms, that he had just come from his Heavenly Father and was now our responsibility to raise and teach him. He was so perfect and sweet, and very serene as he laid against my chest for the first time. I also remember that he was very alert to the sounds in the room, especially our voices which he recognized, and was listening with such intent. Those first moments as a parent with child are so profound and unforgettable. I am so grateful that I am blessed with 2 beautiful, healthy and special children of God!

I am so happy for my sister and her husband as they embark on parenthood. I have no doubt in my mind that they will be fantastic and loving parents. Gwen is so lucky to have them! I also can't wait to hold little Gwenie in my arms--she is going to be spoiled by her aunt, that's for sure! ;)
1 comment:
WELCOME to beautiful little Gwen! What a sweet picture.
Love from China.
Post a Comment