Note: This picture wasn't actually taken on the first day of school, because I actually missed the first day of school (I was in CA for radiation).
Another school year has approached! I can't believe it. I seriously wish time would slow down. WAY down. I'm not ready for the pre-teen or high school years and I know that before I can even blink my eyes, those years will be upon us. Sad.
Austin is now in 2nd grade. WHAT?! I know, it's upsurd. He is growing up so quickly. This will be a big year for him as he turns 8. It will also be a busy year with football, basketball, baseball, scouts (when he turns 8), and school/homework. He will do great. One of the things I love about Austin is he never complains about being busy though. He has never once complained about going to school (knock on wood), practice, or even church. Ok, so he has complained a little about doing homework, but gees, he can't be perfect?! And who likes doing homework anyways?!
I know Austin will do great this year in school. He is very bright, he learns fast, he makes friends easily, and he gets along with everyone very well. As much as I am sad to see him grow up, I'm also excited to watch him learn new things.
Our little (well, not so little) Carson has his last year of preschool this year. That is soooo upsetting to me because he is my baby and I am not ready for him to enter the "big, bad" world of school and kindergarten next year. What a sad, sad day that will be for me!
I don't give Carson enough credit for how smart he is. But he really is. He retains information very well (like his brother), he knows all his letter and sounds, his numbers, and has a very good vocabulary and sentence formation. Carson has always loved school, like his big brother, and thrives in that environment. We were lucky enough to get a good teacher for him this year and I'm excited to see how he grows!
Now, if I could just figure out a way to slow down time....
No comments:
Post a Comment