Sunday, September 2, 2007

A day at the beach



Yesterday we spent a day at Manresa Beach, which is just south of Santa Cruz. We decided that since it was supposed to be 102 degrees where we live, the beach would a perfect 80 degrees, which it was! Austin hasn't spent too much time at beaches, but he was sure fascinated by the waves, surfers, kids playing in the sand, and of course, all the dogs! Eric and I did a little boogie-boarding, and Eric attempted the skim-board (to no luck!), while Austin played in the sand and built sandcastles. The highlight was putting him in the water though, a little shocking at first because the water was pretty cold (and he's used to my parents heated pool!), but after awhile he seemed fascinated with the waves going back and forth across his feet in the sand. Oh, and while him and I were building a sandcastle, a wave came over us and that scared him pretty bad! All in all, it was a beautiful day to spend together and hopefully we'll have more of those beach moments to come!

3 comments:

westcoastgrandma said...

could that kid be any cuter--or blonder?

Shay said...

YAY! I'm so excited you have a blog. Now we can keep in touch more.

Christina said...

Yeah, Austin's hair is pretty light, I just hope it doesn't turn green from all the swimming he does!