Thursday, September 27, 2007

What a swimmer!


All summer long I taught swim lessons in my parents backyard, a family business that my sisters and I started 8 years ago. Of course, Austin loves the water and because I was in the pool all day long, he usually got an hour to swim with me everyday. He gets really excited for his swim lesson, or "his turn", and even remembers which student he goes after! The kid is completely fearless, (which I do have to say is a bit worrysome at times), jumping off the side and diving board, swimming across the pool the short length, diving for rings and coins at the bottom, or just floating on his tummy. It's been amazing to see how much he has improved, and even though he's not "pool safe", (he thinks he is though!), he can certainly hold his own. He even thinks he can keep up with the big kids! Grandpa is hoping he will follow in his footsteps...

No comments: