Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Burrito baby


I had to take a photo of this, the beloved swaddle! Eric and I swear by this and did it with both Austin and now, Carson. I totally agree with what's written out there by Pediatricians and books...swaddling not only calms fussy babies, but they actually get better, deeper sleep! And the tighter the better (of course, not to the point of cutting off circulation). We have a technique that we use that is pretty much "escape" proof, that is, until they're older and stronger! It's so funny because Carson totally anticipates it as soon as we lay him down on on the blanket and pull over the first corner. There's a lot of fighting it while it's being done, but once he's wrapped up tight, he immediately calms down and soon after, falls fast asleep! Too bad I can't do it in the car!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are total burrito baby believers too! Also that brand of blankie is the best!! I totally wish that I could still burrito my 4 and 5 year olds!!

The McCulloughs said...

We are also swaddlers. My kids love it so much that I have to get even bigger blankets because they grow out of those little ones and still love being swaddled. When people say that the baby fights it and gets out I tell them they aren't doing it tight enough. Cam would always pride himself on how good he would swaddle Maddie or Tag. Keep up the good work. My kids are such good sleepers and I think it is because I swaddled them early on. He is such a cute little baby and we can't wait to see you at the Big Booty bash in a few months. take care until then!