Saturday, April 19, 2008

A first for everything


This might seem like a completely ridiculous thing to blog about, but I couldn't resist...it was a MOMENTOUS occasion! Austin officially ate his first Oreo cookie finally! Doesn't it seem ludacris that a nearly 3 year old hadn't had the desire to try the yummy chocolate, frosting-filled cookie until now?! Well, as many know he isn't the most adventurous eater when it comes to things like that, not that I should complain that my child won't eat junk food (he would rather munch on veggies and fruit!), but seriously, isn't it the slightest bit strange that he has never wanted to try an OREO COOKIE?? So, to tell the story, Eric came home from the store one day with Oreo cookies, and they were out on the kitchen counter. Austin says to me, "Mom, can I have an oreo cookie?" I was a little surprised that he asked me, but I figured he probably won't do anything with it, except give it to Dad. Boy, was I wrong, he took the cookie and bit off a bite like he had a hundred of them before. No funny face, no spitting it out, just stuffed the cookie in his mouth and then asked for some more. Only this time with milk (he's obviously observed Eric with this)! So, for the next 15 minutes he sat there on a chair in the kitchen dunking oreos into milk like a pro! Needless to say, Eric and I were blown away! Now we need to get him to eat cake so he can actually enjoy his birthday cake in another month!

1 comment:

Shay said...

So funny! Tre is so picky also especially sweets. He doesn't like chocolate...what kid doesn't like chocolate!