It was so nice outside today and I had to do an errand downtown, so I decided to bring the stroller and take the kids for a walk. Since I had only driven through downtown, it was nice to get out of the car and explore the streets of Boise. And what a cute downtown! Lots of outdoor cafes, cute boutique stores, and such a quaint, clean feeling. Kinda reminded me of Park City actually. The more I get to know Boise, the more I like it, so different than the rest of Idaho too (no offense to those who live in the Eastern side of the state!). Plus, now that spring is here, the trees and flowers are blooming, the grass is turning green and the mountains look beautiful with just snow on the tops. One of the great things about Boise that we have found is that along the Boise River is a pediastrian-only boardwalk/sidewalk that meanders through downtown and goes 60 miles along the river! Since Eric and I are cyclists, we are planning on getting a bike trailer this year so we can take the kids with us. Another fun thing that a lot of people do here is float the river and then barbeque at this park down the river. How fun on a hot, summer day!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
A walk in downtown Boise
It was so nice outside today and I had to do an errand downtown, so I decided to bring the stroller and take the kids for a walk. Since I had only driven through downtown, it was nice to get out of the car and explore the streets of Boise. And what a cute downtown! Lots of outdoor cafes, cute boutique stores, and such a quaint, clean feeling. Kinda reminded me of Park City actually. The more I get to know Boise, the more I like it, so different than the rest of Idaho too (no offense to those who live in the Eastern side of the state!). Plus, now that spring is here, the trees and flowers are blooming, the grass is turning green and the mountains look beautiful with just snow on the tops. One of the great things about Boise that we have found is that along the Boise River is a pediastrian-only boardwalk/sidewalk that meanders through downtown and goes 60 miles along the river! Since Eric and I are cyclists, we are planning on getting a bike trailer this year so we can take the kids with us. Another fun thing that a lot of people do here is float the river and then barbeque at this park down the river. How fun on a hot, summer day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh how this post makes me miss Boise. I totally remember the trail around the river. That is where I first learned to rollerblade in college around that river. I Love Boise too and you are so right about it being so different that the eastern side of Idaho...much better!
Post a Comment