Sunday, August 3, 2008

2 weeks in Cali



We spent two wonderful, fun-filled (and tiring) weeks in California visiting with my parents and my sister, Trish. The only thing missing was Eric, who stayed behind to work, and we sure did miss him! In fact, Austin kept saying, "let's get on an airplane and go back to Boise to pick up Dad and then bring him to CA!" While we were gone, Carson started cutting his first tooth (right by his molars, how random is that?!), but now it seems to have mysteriously disappeared (after 2+ weeks of waking up at night!). We enjoyed every minute of our trip and did TONS of fun activities-we went to Fairyland in Oakland, the park, an awesome Childrens Museum in Sausalito, the beach, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, and of course, plenty of swimming in my parents pool. We didn't make it on the boat though, sadly, because my dad was too busy with projects around the house (they're getting ready to sell the house), but all in all, it was a great trip and we can't wait to be with my WHOLE family in Sept when we go to Sun River, OR for a week. We love you guys and thanks for everything! (Make sure to click on the collage to blow it up)





11 comments:

Abigail said...

Cute! I hope you are doing well, from the looks of it..I am guessing you are. I miss you! I hope you have had a great summer. I hope to talk soon!

minna said...

Carson is soooo cute and big in those pictures. I bet you had fun! I miss California when I see those pics! I haven't post anything last couple of weeks either. Simo has been on vacation last four weeks and we've been around plus my computer was taking a summer vacation too. I'll post something soon too from our several summer activities and little trips...

Katie said...

Looks like you had tons of fun and crammed a whole lot into those 2 weeks! How was the flight with 2 kids? You're brave. . . I would be scared to do it alone! Just getting through security would probably do me in.

Katie said...

P.S. I tagged you. . . check out my blog.

Mom in Mendon said...

Fun to see you all and stay in the White House. Your parents are the greatest!

Julie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast in sunny CA! I bet your parents miss having you around. Carson has the cutest smile ever, and I love his chubby cheeks. So cute.

SpinIt! said...

Great pics. So much fun you had. Thanks for the reply by the way. I'm gonna do it. Awesome 5 too. Can't wait to try them TONIGHT! I'll send you some bikini pics in a few weeks;).

mutze handknit by ashley said...

isabella
Wow, this trip looks amazing. I love CA. You look amazing as always and so does your family. The boys are getting so big and they are soooo cute. We miss you and hope we get to see you soon. Ash

mutze handknit by ashley said...

I didn't mean to put Isabella's name at the top of that last comment. Sorry. Ash

Kauti Nicholls said...

I love all the pics. I am so glad you had a fun time with your family. Austin has gotten so big--it's weird to think I haven't seen you guys for over a year now! I need you phone # so we can chat!

Rachel and Steve said...

Very cute pictures Christina. How do you put them into a collage? I need help!