Thursday, July 15, 2010

Not such a baby anymore...



(All of these pictures were taken back in May, by my friend Courtney who was visiting us while we were in CA. I just love these pictures of Carson though-they truly depict his cute personality!)

Our little Carson isn't so little anymore. In fact, everyday he seems to be growing up right in front of our eyes. He is quite the little talker now, speaking in sentences, asking questions, and vocalizing his opinion (gotta love that!). He loves cars, trucks, jets, trains, pretty much anything that goes. Everywhere we go, he has to point out the different kinds of trucks and cars along the way. And the best part is that he gets so excited everytime he sees one, especially semi-trucks. He's also always carrying at least one toy car or truck around in his little palm too. It's the funniest thing.

At times, I find that I'm trying to hold onto the baby in Carson still. Probably because I know that he might be our last, or at least for a long time. Luckily, he still loves to cuddle with me before naps and bedtime, so I take full advantage of that. I also love that he likes to give me random kisses, sure the wet, sloppy ones, but I'll take them in any way I can get them. I love that little guy. He is so precious and tender-hearted. He has such a good nature about him and has always been that way. I marvel at these little special, little spirits that we have the priviledge of raising, "on loan" from Heavenly Father. They teach us more than we teach them, that I know! And the sweet tender mercies that happen through them! Like one day, I was upset and Carson comes up to me and puts his hand on my knee, while saying, "Mommy, it's going to be ok." That was exactly what I needed, and I knew that it was the Lord extending me a tender mercy through Carson. Kids just KNOW. They are so in tune with the spirit. And I'm so grateful that I can witness and marvel at that.

No comments: