Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weekend trip to SLC

Despite the expressions on their faces, they really did want to be at the baseball game. They just didn't want their picture taken!

My beautiful sistas

Eric and Matty w/ the kiddos getting ready to run the bases (after the game)

Austin and Matty-ready, set, GO!

GO, Carson, GO!!!

Rounding home...

Austin's second go-around. He would've ran faster if it weren't for the flip flops.

Chillin' at the pool

Carson loved these water fountains-he kept dunking his head in them, drinking them, sitting them, splashing in them...

Austin and I-what a fun day we had!

We made a quick weekend trip to SLC last weekend. We went to meet w/ a doctor, another melanoma specialist, at the Hunstman Cancer Institute on Friday and spent the weekend with family. It was a good visit with the doctor and we are moving closer to making a decision on treatment. I was able to do a bike ride while there (boy, I missed my ole' SLC rides), we went to a Bees baseball game w/ my sisters, swam at the pool, and BBQ-ed. Good times. And so great for me to spend time w/ my sisters, who I hadn't seen in awhile. They are so amazing and I am truly blessed to have them in my life.

Sunday we drove up to Logan to see some of Eric's family. We had a special gathering and dinner, with prayers, blessings, and thoughts directed for us. It was something I will never forget. Eric and I feel so loved and blessed right now. We are overwhelmed with how much support and love so many have extended to us. It is a testament of how much our Lord loves us and has His arms around us right now. And for us, it is a reminder of how important family is.

No comments: