This is what Austin wrote for Parent-Teacher conferences (in a paper titled, "What Will the Teacher Say at Conferences?):
1. I am a good kick ball playr.
2. He luvs free choice!
3. I am a reedr.
4. I am a good spellr.
5. I am good at pasing awt paprs.
6. I need to work on spases.
7. I like onle reses and that is all!
8. I do not like enething els isept math and specials.
I love that kid! Hey, at least he's being honest! I am proud of how well he is doing in 1st grade so far. He always gets the "Challenge spelling lists" each week and scores 10/10. He is super good at math, and he is reading nearly 100 words/minute at a SECOND GRADE level. His teacher, Mrs. Carruthers was very complimentary about Austin at Conference--she told me that he is definitley a leader and always uses manners (yeah for that!). She also said that he does better when he is challenged (duh), and seems to be drawn toward math and science. He has friends in the class, but he always makes sure not to exclude anyone. I have to admit, I became a little teary-eyed when she was telling me this because I realized what a good kid he really is. I think people often mistaken Austin's intelligence and ability to lead for "high energy" or "ADHD" and "bossiness". But I am grateful that his teachers are able to see that it goes beyond that and that Austin is really a bright kid who cares for others.
It amazes me how quickly they grow up when they enter school-hood. In just a couple of months of school, Austin has already surpassed a lot of our expectations and I can't even imagine where he will be by the end of the school year! Oh, I had to share this too...One morning, Austin left this note on our pillows! How sweet is that?! Definitely a keeper...
No comments:
Post a Comment