Monday, October 10, 2011

Swim lessons




I finally bit the bullet and signed my kids up for swim lessons. Meaning, I'm NOT the one teaching them anymore. It's not that they didn't do great with me, it was just hard to be consistent. I guess I lacked the self-discipline to do lessons with them everyday. And my motivation is for Austin to be on the swim team next summer. And he wants to! So, I figured doing swim lessons through the year will help prepare him better come next summer. With Caron I just wanted him to swim UNDER the water. He loves the water, don't get me wrong, he is just more timid about doing it himself! I figured having someone else teach him with peers around will help give him the push he needs.

I was right, they are BOTH doing remarkably well. Austin can now swim 25 yards doing big arms and side breathing and only stopping a couple of times (pretty soon not at all). His stroke looks really good! His backstroke is coming along too. Soon he will be learning elementary backstroke and then breaststroke. He is such a natural in the water and a FISH! Always has been though...Carson will now go under water by himself, without someone forcing him too--diving for rings and jumping in. He's not "swimming" yet, but I predict in the next month or two, he will be. So proud of these two!

No comments: