Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Almost 4




In less than 2 months now, Carson will turn 4. I can't believe it. My baby is growing up and getting so big! But what a fun, little guy he is--so sweet, silly, and a good helper. He has his moments, don't you worry, like any typical 3 year old, but overall, he is a happy boy who is eager to please.

The other day we went to the park (one of those beautiful afternoons where it wasn't too cold) after school. The boys have so much fun playing together. I LOVE THAT! Sure, they have their spats, but they aren't too frequent (it helps that one is in school all day, I think ;). They really play well though--from building things together, to playing make-believe, to wrestling with each other, to riding bikes outside together--it warms my heart to see that they truly love each other. Love me some brotherly love!

Part of me is quite sad that Carson isn't really that "little" anymore--probably because I don't have another baby after him! :( That wasn't part of the "plan" and is still hard for me to think about sometimes, but then again, I'm also enjoying this phase in our boys' lives. And I do have to say that I like the freedom of not such a rigid schedule that babies can bring--with naps and all. It's nice that our youngest is able to do more now (like ski) and the fun that comes from more activities like sports and school. It's only going to get busier each year as Austin is involved in some sport each season, school, homework, cub scouts and other church activities, music lessons (which we'll start in a year or two) and then Carson involved in a couple of sports/activities and preschool. But that's how life goes, right?!

For now though, I'm going to cherish my "baby" and continue to snuggle, cuddle him, and give him plenty of kisses!

No comments: